We have to do something....We are letting us destroy the world, we are not maintaining it....
I Hope You Find It Interesting Here....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We have to do something....We are letting us destroy the world, we are not maintaining it....
I Hope You Find It Interesting Here....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Prepared Now - Story and Tips

Go down

Get Prepared Now - Story and Tips Empty Get Prepared Now - Story and Tips

Post  Admin Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Source:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

EMP- It’s Inevitable Get Prepared Now-You wake up in the morning just as you would on any morning but this morning is different. The power is out; the day isn’t starting as well as you had hoped. You get ready for work the best you can. But you won’t be going to work today. You car won’t start. The land line phone is dead. You cell phone doesn’t work either. You wonder what’s going on so you break out your portable radio to get any news, only to find that it’s dead as well.

What I just described was probably the worst-case scenario of an electromagnetic pulse or (EMP). An EMP is simply an electromagnetic wave of energy, which can either be man made or from a solar flare. Although there are other sources of EMP the solar and made are the ones to most concerned about.

Man made EMP is the most severe; a nuclear bomb exploding in the upper atmosphere would generate this. A solar flare would probably only knock out the power grid leaving most electronics unaffected but not guaranteed. The grid may be down for years. A man-made EMP would knock out most of the electronics as well as the grid. In the old days we used vacuum tubes which were more resistant to EMP. However, today’s electronics are super miniaturized solid state and much more susceptible to EMP. Solar or man, localized or not, unless it is extremely local, the effects would be disastrous.

It is inevitable. Don’t think it’s likely, solar EMPs are common about every century or so. Areas near the poles like where I live in Alaska are even more susceptible. We’ve known about EMP for decades yet the government and the utility companies are ill prepared to say the least and the general public isn’t prepared at all. In many cases the preparation is inexpensive.

Preparation for Emp

Communications- You neEd
Communications- You need to know how bad things have really gotten. Build a Faraday Cage and store portable radios and other electronics inside. I’ll get into the construction of a Faraday cage latter. Buy short-wave receiver radio. The inexpensive models with a hand crank aren’t bad but have a limited range. The more expensive ones can pickup around the world. The NOAA weather radios can provide emergency info as well. Ham radio operators are indispensable in a crisis like this and most of these guys would have shielded their equipment in a Faraday Cage.

Food, medicine and water- Be prepared to go a very long time. I have several water containers. I also store milk jugs of water in the freezer, this will not only help preserve food in the event of a power outage it will provide drinking water not to mention you’re the frozen milk jugs can save on electricity which is especially important if you have to use a generator. Oh and buy a generator and remember to shield it.

Personal Protection- If the grid goes down it will not be long before looters take to the streets. Most Americans only have a few days of food supply in their homes. Besides having guns and ammo if you are in a large urban area and you have a place to go in the country then go. However, this may be hard to do since the gas pumps are out and many roads may be blocked with dead vehicles. Try to join forces with your neighbors. There is strength in numbers. But be prepared to bug out. Keep a few bug out bags ready.

Transportation-Store gasoline. Bicycles are immune to EMP. Also buy an older four-wheeler or motorcycle. These have less electronics and are easy to shield via a Faraday Cage.

Building a Faraday Cage- A Faraday Cage is simply a box that you put your electronics in and surround with a conductive material such as sheet metal. In the event of an EMP the induced electricity is routed around the sheet metal instead of protected the electronics inside the cage. The electronics inside the cage should be insulated from the sheet metal. I use plastic bags or cardboard. Also any power cords to the electronics should also be placed inside the box. Some people use wire mesh instead of sheet metal. However, depending on the frequency of the pulse the mesh may not be small enough. An example of a Faraday Cage is a microwave oven. The mesh on the front door is very small to keep the microwaves inside. However, some waves do escape via the cracks around the door. So when you build your cage seal up all cracks. If you are like me and you have a tendency to procrastinate do what I did. I simply put my radio inside a shoebox wrapped in aluminum foil. The thicker the foil the better. With proper sealing an old filing cabinet or aluminum garbage can will work. To test your cage simply put a portable battery powered radio inside and turn it on. When you close the door, the reception should stop.

I've included some videos on EMP preparation. The first one is from David Sarti ( remember he was the Doomsday Prepper on NatGeo who illegally had his guns taken away simply because he disagreed with his doctor, click here to see my post on that issue)

Source:

Video #1: EMP Electro Magnetic Pulse or solar storm preparedness

Video #2: Bulid a Faraday Cage - EMP electromagnetic pulse

Video #3: Faraday Cage: Garbage Can, Really?

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Admin

https://theunoticed.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum